GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR “THE SIMPLE GUIDE TO THE PERFECT WHISKY” PRIZE DRAW
The Prize: 12 lucky winners will win:
- 1 x bottle of whisky. Selected at random from: Johnnie Walker Black Label, Jameson Irish Whisky, Laphroaig 10 year old, Highland Park 10 year old, Haig Clubman, Jack Daniels, Jura 10, Gentleman Jack, Shackleton, Monkey Shoulder or Bell’s and Glenfiddich 12 year old (subject to availability); and
- 1 x case (12 bottles) of Fever Tree mixers. Selected at random from: Fever Tree Ginger Ale, Fever Tree Smoky Ginger Ale or Fever Tree Spiced Ginger Ale (subject to availability).
Opening Date/Time: 00:01 on 28 October 2019
Closing Date/Time: 23:59 on 09 December 2019
No. of Entries: Only one entry per person.
Any entry Criteria: Entrants must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
- The Promoter is Marston's PLC (company number 00031461) (trading as “Marston’s Pubs & Bars”) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the "Promoter").
- This promotion is run in conjunction with the following partners:
- Diageo PLC (company number 00023307) of Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, London NW10 7HQ;
- Pernod Ricard UK (company number 01870414) of 12 Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5AN;
- Beam Suntory UK (company number 05591988) of Longwalk Road, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, Middlesex, England, UB11 1BA;
- Whyte & Mackay (company number SC014456) of St. Vincent Plaza, 319 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5RG;
- William Grant & Sons (company number SC131772) of The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Keith, Scotland, AB55 4DH;
- Bacardi Brown-Forman (company number 305960) of House, Kings Worthy, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7TW; and
- Fever-Tree Drinks PLC (company number 08415302) of Kildare House, 3 Dorset Rise, London, EC4Y 8EN.
(together the “Third Party Sponsors” or each a “Third Party Sponsor” as the context permits). The Prize will be supplied and delivered by the relevant Third Party Sponsor.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Scotland) aged 18 or over, except for employees/directors of the Promoter, the Third Party Sponsors, and their respective employees’/directors’ immediate families/households or anyone else professionally involved with this promotion.
- This is an online promotion and internet access is required to participate. To enter, prospective entrants must go to whiskyguide.marstons.co.uk (the "Website") before the Closing Date and register their details to be entered into the prize draw. One entry per person only.
- Entrants must not use a false name or email or provide any false information when registering for use of the Website / the promotion. The Promoter may refuse, remove, or suspend registration at any time.
- There is no purchase necessary.
- Entrants may only enter the promotion via the Website and entries by email, post or facsimile will not be accepted.
- Any entries which have been submitted using scripts, automated systems, collaborative practices or via a third party for commercial gain will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may only enter the promotion, for personal non-commercial use only.
- Please refer to the promotional page on the Website, or visit one of the Promoter’s participating pubs and ask for ‘The Simple Guide to the Perfect Whisky’, for full details of the Prize(s) on offer.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash equivalent is available.
- Whilst the Promoter will make every effort to honour the advertised Prize(s), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with an alternative of a similar value if circumstances dictate this without liability to the Prize winner(s).
Prize Draw Winners
- After the Closing Date, or on the date specified, twelve prize draw winner(s) will be selected at random from all complete, eligible and properly submitted entries received via the Website.
- The Prize winner(s) will be notified by email, with details on how to claim the Prize. There are 12 prize packages available and the prizes will be allocated randomly.
- Prizes will be supplied direct by the relevant Third Party Sponsor within 28 days. If any winner experiences any delay, please contact the Promoter using the details supplied and we shall resolve on your behalf.
Data Protection and Privacy
- In accordance with the current guidelines that govern promotions in the UK, if you are a Prize winner, we may publish, or make available on request, information that confirms an award took place – that is your surname, county and, if applicable, the entry itself. You have the right to object, or to ask for less information to be made available. If you wish to object, or if you have any questions or comments regarding data and privacy, please contact our data team by emailing DataSecurityInformation@marstons.co.uk
- If you are a Prize winner, we may wish to use your personal data to announce the winner and for reasonable promotional purposes connected to the promotion. Again, if you wish to object, please contact the data team.
Limits on the Promoter's responsibilities and Indemnities
- Winning entrants agree to be fully responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and/or tax liabilities incurred in claiming, consuming and otherwise using the Prize. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or injury resulting from entry into the promotion.
- Winners will be notified using the contact details they submitted on the Website. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the winning entrants to arrange for the delivery of the Prize, but if there is no response within 14 days, or the contact details are invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to (randomly) re-allocate the Prize without liability to the first winner.
- The Promoter and Third Party Sponsors will not be responsible for losses, failures or delays relating to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, strikes, disputes, third party website or platforms (including social media) not in its direct control or the acts or defaults of any of the Third Party Sponsors or any other supplier of the Prizes.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter's responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant under these terms and conditions or otherwise in connection with the promotion shall be limited to the value of the Prize won by the winning entrant.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants' ability to participate in the promotion. The Promoter does not guarantee that the Website will be operational on any specific device or system or that it will be error free or available all the time.
- The Promoter will be liable for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
- Each entrant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions, negligence or any other action which imposes an unreasonable burden on the Website including (but not limited to) the use of software robots.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to clause 17, the name and county of the Prize winners can be obtained for up to 6 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above citing the name of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants who the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing are in breach of these conditions.
- The Website may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Third Party Sponsors Promoters. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Prize draw or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so. Please check these terms and conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
- The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these terms and conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law. These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone.
- It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk
- If you have any questions or comments regarding this promotion, or these terms, please contact us at the above address or using the “Contact Us” section of the Website. Please clearly state the name of the promotion.